Interested in gaining practical experience in directing, choreography, music direction, costume design, lighting design, sound design, or even non-profit administration? Stages offers students the opportunity to apply their skills and build their resumes assisting with My Son Pinocchio JR!
Assistantship Positions vary in their time commitment requirement for this show. We understand many families have busy lives. The success of this show depends on team players making the time commitment a priority.
- Student Assistants will be needed throughout the rehearsal process. Schedule will be coordinated together with the artistic team and production manager.
- Student Assistant Lighting & Sound Designers and Assistant Stage Managers will likely be needed on various dates in the weeks leading up to tech in addition to tech week and shows. Those dates will be coordinated with the tech director.
- Crew will be needed throughout tech week and shows.
Disney's My Son Pinocchio JR. In this show the classic tale of toymaker, Geppetto’s, little wooden puppet is given new life. This new musical, which retells the classic Disney story from Geppetto’s perspective, features the beloved classic songs, “When You Wish upon a Star” and “I’ve Got No Strings.” The show is filled with a magical mix of unique roles for all types of performers — from blue Fairies, to Roustabouts and, of course, Geppetto and Pinocchio.
- Artistic Director: Matt Mayne
- Music Director: Lyndsey Lord
- Choreographer: Raelynn Bovenzi
- Production Manager: Sherry Vile
- Rehearsals Wednesday evening 6:00 - 8:00 p.m. and Saturday morning 9:30 a.m. - noon.
- For all other Mandatory Tech Rehearsals see the Commitment Calendar (you may not be called for all rehearsals and may only be called for a portion of a rehearsal).
- Friday, 11/10/23 @ 7:00 p.m.
- Saturday, 11/11/23 @ 2:00 p.m.
- Sunday, 11/12/23 @ 2:00 p.m.
585-935-7173 (leave a message and your call will be returned) or email Stages@MJTStages.com
We hope to see you for My Son Pinocchio JR.
Sunday, November 12, 2023